Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Strba

So last weekend we went to Strba, the town/villiage Janka's parents and grandparents live in.
It was so interesting!

It is a cute little town (this is actually not the whole town in the picture so don't be deceived)
There is about 2000 people in the town, but no one lives in the "country". The only houses are in town.

So there was a field, actually many fields surrounding the town which made me feel so much more at home!  I haven't seen stubble in so long! This field had oats in it and my companions were so confused how i could know that when i was already harvested. :) Farmers' daughters know these things.

So we went on a walk around town and saw the Evangelical church:

The Catholic church:

The pretty coloured houses:


The historic wood house:

And the mallet outside the historic house (now museum):

The leaves also were beautiful. I enjoyed having some resemblance of fall in Canada if only in the leaves and fields.

Lastly, and probably my favorite part was meeting an amazing old lady who was dressed totally traditionally.  She was such a cute babka (think baba in Ukrainian).



This week we are learning about spiritual warfare. Deep stuff.  Really interesting though. 
Thank you everyone who has told me lately that they are praying. I really appreciate it. 
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment