Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Slovak Food

My parents were surprised to hear that there are cornflakes here.  So i figured that I need to take some food pictures. Obviously these aren't exhaustive. There are many other things in the fridge and cupboards but these I thought are interesting.

Kofola (Co-Fo-La)
Its slovak cola. They sell Coke too. Many people prefer this.

Becel?  I haven't figured out if its the same company, but its the same thing!

Corn flakes.  Only distinguishable by the illustrations.

Chocolate Spread. I call it Nutella, but I don't think there is even hazelnuts in it. And its two colours in one! Who doesn't want white and milk chocolate together? Its a perfect midnight snack on toast.


And for all my dutch friends:

Yep, sprinkles!  We have one guy on base who is dutch and I think he brought these. I've decided that Dutch people must have amazing metabolisms, because he will also just pour plain white sugar on his toast in the morning.  I don't know which is worse, hagel slag or sugar?  But neither seem healthy to me!

I'll keep my eyes open for anything else interesting we have here. Maybe I'll take my camera on a trip to the grocery store?  That would be cool to show you all.  Beer aisle anyone? 


2 comments:

  1. Dude! You can tell your Dutch friend that the white bread and hagel ROCKS! lol I also have some in my cupboard =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alison!
    That white/brown chocolate spread stuff is sooo good! (my brother brought some home from Romania.yum!) And you just can't get away from Dutchies hey? :) (jeff eats white sugar on toast all the time)
    -janna

    ReplyDelete