Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Jesus Culture

Have you ever heard of Jesus Culture? I didn't think I had until this month.  Now I'm thinking I would have had to sometime. How can such a youth revival be alive on my continent without be knowing? Without someone making a reference?  I think I just said "that is nice" if anyone ever discussed them.  I know I've heard of Bethel Church in Redding, CA. So how could I not have heard of it?

Anyways, now everyone who doesn't know about Jesus Culture wants me to explain.  Honestly, I still don't know alot. They are a group of revivalists who want to raise up youth to fulfill the callings God has on their lives and to see cities saved, campuses revolutionized, and nations discipled. (okay, so that was pretty much word for word off their website)  But not only do they love Jesus, but they give their lives to prayer, have spiritual disciplers (is that a word?), and want to walk in the supernatural.  It makes me think of YC but with a lot more healings and speaking in tongues and ministering to one another, and more people going home ready to do something truly crazy for Jesus. (Not that I don't love YC, I think YC is amazing. This just seems to take it another step)

So I'll let you look into Jesus Culture more if I've made you interested. I think everyone will find something that will intrigue or challenge them.  But the reason I'm putting this post up is because of how much I appreciate their worship recordings. Kim Walker-Smith and the Jesus Culture band are just amazing.  And Brian and Jenn Johnson are my other latest favorite worship couple, and they are also from Bethel. ( Brian and Jenn sing "Where You Go I'll Go") So I'm going to try to attach two youtube videos of Kim singing for your enjoyment.  There is nothing I like more than spontaneous worship so the first is the song "I asked you for life" and the second is a spontaneous song of worship that flowed out of the first song.  If you just search for Kim Walker on youtube you can see live video recordings but these are actually from her album and the videos have been made just by everyday  people.   I actually find watching the video distracting.... but enjoy however you see best.

Content Alert: the second song includes Kim singing in tongues. I don't have a problem with that, but some people might. This is for your information.

I Asked You for Life- Kim Walker

Spontaneous Song of Worship- Kim Walker

I hope you enjoy, and I hope that someone just found their new favorite artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment