Saturday, September 25, 2010

Friday Night Freedom

We have been joking that we have never looked forward to a weekend as much as we have this week. We finally have a chance to rest and catch up on sleep!

So on Friday night we went on an adventure to the "Europa" shopping centre down the street.  It was quite interesting just to buy shampoo and soap.  And I also bought some carbonated water. I finally found a flavour I really like: chestnut!  It is very refreshing and the big bottle wasn't even a euro so I don't feel too bad buying it.

We also stopped in a toy store while we were in the mall. That was so fun!  Most things are your run of the mill playschool and disney toys.  But I  found something new that I thought was great: Farm Toys!
Okay, to be fair, these aren't actually new. They are in Canada too, but I thought these were very intricate and accurate and interesting!
A combine!

A Tractor!

A rake? Maybe?  
Don't you love how it says "just like the real thing"?

A jeep to pull your horse trailer.

And my personal favorite:
The wind farm! You don't see that in Canada!
(its out of focus because it was on the top shelf...lots of zoom)


We obviously had lots of fun.

We also spent some time in the namiestie (spelling in slovak isn't great yet, but I think this is what it is) and that means square as in the town square.  So we got to see the fountain with its lights.


Its very nice to see everything lit up. And it was a nice big moon too.



So it was a nice relaxing and fun night. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be good too.





2 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised that you, Alison, took pictures of farm equipment toys?

    Ha! Sounds like a pretty sweet group of people you get to spend all your time with.

    Loving the pictures so keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what Alison? We had a nice big moon, too! Just a day after the full moon! Great photos! Love the moon and the fountain! Keep up the great postings!

    ReplyDelete