Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day of DTS

Hello All!

Its only my first day here and I already feel like its been a week!  Crazy huh?  Today was a whirlwind. We had breakfast and quiet time (they put aside an hour a day, which is great!) and then a time of worship and prayer where they told us visions and prophesy and verses that they had received from God as they prayed for us before we arrived.  Isn't that an amazing way to start a course?  I was floored.  And we learned some basic things, decided on house rules etc.  Then apparently every day we are going out to eat at a little restaurant near by.  Which is totally sweet because restaurants here are so economical. And we get to practice our slovak on the waitresses!  Today we were working on the please, thank you, sorry, etc. And the numbers from one to ten. I don't think I feel very confident in numbers over 5, but even five is five more than I knew this morning!

So this afternoon we actually went to a church in Banska that one of our leader goes to.  They actually had two visitors from England visiting this week to do seminars, so our staff wanted us to be able to be part of it. However, this is like just jumping into the deep end of moving in the Spirit and supernatural.  The seminar is on Healing street ministries.  These men from Bath are part of a group who three mornings a week set up chairs in the main square in Bath and a banner that says healing. And people come and sit and are healed. Its amazing!  And the seminar is about preparing us to be part of the same ministry here in Banska.  So on Wed we are going to be going out and declaring healing in Jesus name. Overwhelming isn't it?  I thought so too. But after listening to these speakers, it is actually seeming like the most natural thing in the world. Jesus did it. He commissioned the 12 to do it, then again the 72 and then commissioned us all to go out and heal.  And Jesus said that we would go greater things even that the disciples saw him do on earth. So really, the expectation is that we can go out and heal.

If anyone said this is what I'd be doing in 2010 I would have thought them crazy.  But now I'm excited. May God be given glory in whatever happens this week!

(there are so many other stories I could have written, but maybe I'll save some for another time? Or perhaps you just have to wait till I'm home?)

This is the four students, the two staff, and our leader having ice cream yesterday. 
Hopefully there will be much more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alison, even in English, we don't think you do well with numbers over SIX! At least not on the farm!

    Doing greater things than the disciples saw? Well they don't call this discipleship training for nothing!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison! I'm SO excited for you!! I wanna know how that day went! What happened? How did it go?
    And you look really cute in that picture! Great shoes!

    ReplyDelete