Thursday, May 06, 2010

ABBOTSFORD!

I'm finally here!  And I finally have something worth blogging about!  God is so good!  I drove to Edmonton on Tuesday to cut a couple hours off the trip and although it had dumped 4-6 cm of snow on the city earlier in the day, the roads were pretty good all the way in. Wed I left bright and early to get on the road but checked weather forecasts before I left. Just before Jasper and between Kamloops and Hope wasn't looking to hot. But it ended up being dry highway most of the drive anyway!  God totally cleared out the bad weather.  I even had sun from the BC border to practically Kamloops.  It was beautiful. I even got to see the top of Mount Robson (and that is something that even in the middle of summer can be touch and go).

After that I headed south.  I don't know if I have ever driven that way before, but I really enjoyed myself.  Mountains and trees is enough to make me excited as an Alberta girl but I saw elk, sheep, and a coyote in Jasper.  And seeing a townsite where I'm fairly certain there was a forest fire in the last few years was very interesting.  The bad part is you barely can look at most of the scenery when you are driving. I was careful to pay attention to the road even though I wanted to look at waterfalls and such.

The coolest part of the trip for me was between Kamloops and Hope.  The Coquihalla is beautiful!  It was the only place I had wet roads but I didn't mind slowing down because it is so pretty!  I felt like I drove into Narnia as I ascended the mountains to find a huge dump of snow on the trees.  It was gorgeous.  And coming down into Merritt was so cool because it was spring there, and then coming down into Hope was amazing because it seemed like full blown summer!  Now I know for all you seasoned travelers this is no big deal, but I thought it was so cool that God could have such opposite beauty (winter and summer) so seemingly close to each other!

The drive took me longer than I was told, but I'm not upset about that because I probably stopped more than other people do. I got to Abby after dinner and promptly got lost on the way to some relatives house.  I think I will need to get a detailed map of Abby if I want to do well driving here!  So now that I'm here, the job search will begin!  Since God was so faithful with my road trip yesterday I'm sure he will provide a job as well.  But I can't wait for it to knock on my door.. so off I go to polish resumes and research where all these places actually are!

ps. feel free to comment on these posts, it lets me know someone is reading them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alison! Glad to hear u made it safely to Abbotsford. Did u drive on your own the whole way? Sounds like you still had a great trip. And I hope to see u soon!! -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i drove the whole way myself. It wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be. But perhaps I do well in vehicles because of long road trips with my family as a kid. See you super soon!

    ReplyDelete