Saturday, May 29, 2010

Catching Up


So I have been neglecting giving any real information on my blog mostly because I haven't been putting time aside to write how things are going. Today that changes.  I've learned a few things since coming to BC:

It does rain as much as everyone says.  I just happened to get two weeks of beautiful weather when i first got here. Now the weather is done showing off for me and has settled back into raining all the time or at least being overcast all the time.  My tan might not actually get as much work here as it did in Alberta!

Also, I am not in shape. Or at least not as in shape as all my friends here. I should have trained to come be their friend!  Although they may whip me into shape.  Frisbee, hiking, climbing HUGE rocks, climbing mountians and none of those at a leisurely pace!  Although, if I get in shape it will totally pay off. Especially with three weddings to look good at, and one swimsuit to buy (because I use it 10x more here! which makes it worth buying a new swimsuit that fits and looks good). I tried a uber cute bikini on today on a whim (because it was over $40 per half and I would never pay that) I loved it but I think I'm going to do the superstore steal route instead. *I just looked to see if I could find a good picture of it to post but the pics I found don't do it justice. So imagine a cute plaid 50's dress and cut the dress off the top.*

Anyways... what else has happened?  I got another job!  WOOT!
However, it leaves me in the difficult position of negotiating how I can work both or maybe I can't.  But this new one is working for Corrections on Abbotsford doing research on Women in Custody.  But mostly its just stats and stuff on the data they already have somewhere.  And I'm not sure how much more is confidential so I'll leave it there. But it should be a normal 9-5 cubicle job so that will be super nice.  But I want to help out at the first place that hired me because I like the job experience there because its working in a residential program.  Oh well.  God gave me both.  Hopefully he can make them work together.

I also ate my weight in seafood this week.  Well, that might be an exaggeration, but I made shrimp and scallop fettucini alfredo on Thursday with a friend.  Then yesterday it was scallops, prawns, and crab with Shay's dad's.  I think I've had more butter in two days than the entire previous year!  Kinda gross when i think about it.  But it was tasty.

Lastly, I found a long lost relative this week!  Who knew I had two dentists in my family?  NOT ME!  But here i unsuspectingly find my dad's cousin in Abby with his dentist office next to the medi-clinic I went to to get a clean bill of health for work.  The doctor asked me if I was related to the dentist next door.  I figured I wasn't but went and chatted up his receptionist anyways.  Yep, he is some second cousin or whatever.  My brother figured I should go ask him for a job, but now I'm all set so no need to go beg from the relatives.

So that is all I can think that needs to be written about.  Do you have questions?  People keep asking me how things are going, but I don't really know what they want to hear!

1 comment:

  1. We just want to hear that you're having an adventurous, fun, exciting time, doing new things, meeting new people, and all the stuff involved in great adventures. Keep the info coming, my dear! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete