Monday, November 08, 2010

New Week


So although I haven't posted all the amazing things I learned on my trip yet, I want to post on things we learned in the last twenty four hours here!  Today was our first day back in lecture after the tour, and the transition was seamless. But I think its all because God got us ready for it.

Last night three of us went out for hot chocolate (which is different here. Its like drinking chocolate but not that either... Like warm/hot chocolate pudding?  That sounds gross but it is SOOO good) and we talked about how we are feeling. What God is convicting us of, what God is teaching us, how our spirits feel.  And we felt like we needed to repent for not being more focused on Jesus during our tour. How we didn't have enough quiet time and didn't listen to what he was saying and didn't pay attention to what he wanted us to do in each city.  Maybe we did sometimes. But we feel as though we were distracted from that goal.

So when we got home, they went upstairs and started praying and seeking God. I had a skype date with my parents so I joined them after that. And we just prayed. And sang. And soaked in God's presence.

And this morning we had amazing spontaneous worship.  Then our speaker began.  We are talking about the Holy Spirit. And this guy is so amazingly filled.  I feel like I'm just experiencing what living completely surrendered to the spirit is rather than just learning the theory.  I'm just watching him live his life and saying "I want that".  So this week should be good.   Actually, I know that it is going to be amazing. I'm sad that it is already 1/5 done!

No comments:

Post a Comment