Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Outreach Update


I've been putting off updating anyone on our outreach for one reason: lack of information!  Until very recently we have had no confirmation of where we are going.  However, we have had direction from God.  
A month or so ago we received very clear direction that God wanted us to go to Indonesia for our outreach.   We had been praying for direction so that we could go where God wanted us to be.  And for a long time all we had was the word from God.  We had no contacts in Indonesia. We had no idea what we would do there.  However, in the last weeks we have received six emails from YWAM contacts in Indonesia saying that we were very welcome to come.  So now it is only up to God to tell us which one to say yes too.  
In my mind that is close enough to an actual plan.  So I'm okay telling everyone about it!  The plan is that we will leave for Indonesia at the beginning of December and be there for three months... but we don't know where exactly we will go and what exactly we will do. And we don't exactly have money for all the flights yet.  
The good news is that our God is a God who provides.  He has directed all of us to Slovakia. He has given us the direction to go to Indonesia.  And we believe he will provide the material means to do all of that too.  He actually has miraculously paid all the school fees for one of the other students.  She came the first day of DTS with no money for her "tuition".  But God has paid her way through some miraculous channels. 
I have been blessed enough to be able to pay all my tuition without asking people to support me.  And my church was beautifully generous with money for my airfare to get to outreach and back. However, not everyone else in our school has been so lucky.  Slovakia and the Czech Republic are not as wealthy, so people don't have as much that they can give.  There also seems to be a barrier against individuals giving money to these young adults.  We have three people from Slovakia and the Czech Republic coming with us on outreach.  So I very humbly ask you to pray and ask God if this is something he wants you to give to.  Please don't give out of guilt or obligation or anything like that.  But perhaps God wants to bless you with the opportunity to be generous to people you don't know. I'm not sure what he will speak into your heart.  I do know that if I don't tell you about the need, you cannot be blessed by filling it.  So now you know.  If you do feel led to give, please just shoot me an email. Or if you need more information, please email me for that too. I'd love to tell you more, so you can know where your money will be going.

And I'm going to INDONESIA!  CRAZY!

ps. Do not be confused. We are not going to both Jordan and Indonesia. We no longer plan on going to Jordan at all.  Instead of a nice Christmas in the desert, it's going to be a humid Christmas on an island. I still need to wrap my mind around that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment