Monday, July 19, 2010

I donno where to start...

Have you missed me?  Have you?
Well I haven't really missed writing. I've been to busy.  But I'll do my best to catch you all up.



I have:
seen a heron and a little bitty rabbit up close
herded geese
flew kites
watched despicable me (good movie. very cute)
helped with wedding planning
went to a crazy concert with all kinds of alternative people (very good for people watching)
saw Mission's historic park where the mission originally was
drank coffee on a huge log looking out over the river
tried out my hairstyle for the weddings
worked on my tan for the weddings
stargazed from a slightly closed beach... whoops!
attended an AA meeting with work (so interesting, i might start going just to learn)
and had a lice scare!!

Yes you read that last one right.  Lice.  They had an outbreak at the residential program so I wasn't going to take any chances.  I shampooed tonight and washed all my bedding.  The funny thing is I remember the smell of this shampoo from the last time I had lice when i was like 10 or something.  How is that for smell memory?  Good news is I did the whole brush your whole head with the tiny brush and I didn't find even one!  So maybe this was really just for peace of mind... but not worrying is worth it.

I also am getting super excited about all these weddings.  I have one this saturday, one the next and the last in August!  I can not believe all my friends are getting married!  How can they be ready?  I'm not ready!  AHHH!!  Ok. Maybe I'm not freaking out that bad. But it is a mixture of apprehension and absolute euphoria for them.  I really just can't believe I'm old enough that my friends are getting married!

And I have other plans for the summer too.  There is a weekend at a cabin on the ocean, a weekend in Victoria, and some other parties going on too!  So the summer is going to finish fast.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the latest! We did miss you Alison. Enjoy your special summer to remember! Hugs and kisses....

    ReplyDelete