Friday, July 30, 2010

Week of Stereotypical Summer Stuff

So this week we went to the lake, and to the beach on the ocean, and watched fireworks.  All very stereotypical summer things.  Lakes here are cool because they are in between mountains.  And this beach was pretty busy.  A really nice lady gave us a blow up air mattress because she wasn't going to take it home with her.  We had so much fun with that mattress.  Its made for two people and pretty sturdy I guess.  We fit eight of us on there, and three of them were guys.  It was squishy but we didn't sink!  It was quite the afternoon of fun! I would post more pics but I'm thinking I shouldn't for my friends' privacy sake.  Maybe they don't want pictures on the net of them.

So that was last Sunday, but on Wed we went into Vancouver for the fireworks. These are heavy duty fireworks. The "Celebration of Light".  They made me take off work early so we could leave for Vancouver earlier. It was an experience.  We went for sushi, at a cute little place which I'm not ashamed to promote on my blog. Look how cute their logo is!



Looks good doesn't it? So we had sushi and bought some snacks at save on foods (as well as a mini cheesecake) and jumped on the Sky train.  We road the sky train all the way to the end, got out at Waterfront station and looked up to see where one of our friends is going to be working on a practicum in September. I'm a bit jealous.  High rise office job in downtown Vancouver.  It sounds good even if it isn't that prestigious actually.  Then we went to see the Olympic Cauldron because one of the people with us hadn't been to the Olympics in Feb.  

It's kinda cool that you can get real close now. So from there we walked to English bay, and we went through this great part of Vancouver with trees on the streets and artsy houses.  I loved this blue and yellow one.

Then we got to the beach and I realized that yes this was worse than the olympics. Everyone was in one little area! But we got seats on a log/by the log and watched the sun go down. Did a crossword. I walked up to the surf and put my feet in the water. It was cold. The tide was coming in so the people at the front were having to move back as the water came up.  Kinda funny to see that.





So did you see the building on that top photo? No? Go back and look. See it now?  Did you see the tree growing at the top?  Yep. thats a huge tree growing on top of a building. It obviously is built for it but its still strange to see!  It was Mexico night, so of course they needed to have some spanish guitar player people.

So now that we have gone to the beach and watched the sun set it wasn't long till we saw the...

"FIREWORKS!"

However, As you can see, sometimes the pictures turn out funny.  It was was hard to get good shots, but I succeeded eventually. 




So now it is time to get super excited for the wedding this saturday of J squared. Oh how i love that couple, and love all the friends that are coming to celebrate!  Of course I'll post after its all over.  


And for my family: Sorry I'm not at the reunion. Have fun without me!



No comments:

Post a Comment