Friday, July 09, 2010

Weeks of CRAZY!


I feel really busy!  Its a pretty cool feeling.  I've had bachelorettes and showers and birthday parties and all kinds of other things happening this last week or so. Plus I'm working!  Tonight I finally am sitting down and taking time to myself.  However, the house is really hot because of the really beautiful (but a tad sweltering) weather we are having.

I do want to tell a little story that i hope my bride friend won't mind that I'm putting on the net. We had a bridal shower this week for a good friend of mine, and her mom did the cutest thing, and after the shower I went home and thought: "my mom would have done that!"  So I need to share.  Her mom told the story of the bride's life using props.  She had her first little christmas outfit.  Then her second one.  and a sweater. and a figure skating outfit.  Another sweater (with barney on it!). A picture of a house they lived in.  And it kept going.  I loved that her mom kept all these little things.  I half expected her to hand over the baby clothes and say, "these are for your daughter when you have one" but she didn't.  I think i appreciated it all the more.  It also wasn't mourning the loss of her little girl.  I was so impressed how it was really just a celebration of where the bride has been, to give us a glimpse into the memories she has of her daughter.  Now as the MC of this wedding I really wish she had saved this little story for the wedding as it would have been super cute, but maybe the intimate atmosphere of a shower is really where we can appreciate the memories best.  Thanks for getting married to my friend, and thanks for a beautiful walk down your memory lane to her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment