Thursday, September 15, 2011

Slovak Concert!

Today is the end of day four.

Last night we had a very cool opportunity as the DTS to go to a concert of Hillsong Live.  This was a VERY big deal in Slovakia. Slovaks from all across the country came to a basketball arena (is it an arena if its small? More like a gymnasium) to be at a Hillsong concert.  The place was amazingly full.


And although I was disappointed by the first couple songs, they actually were a good show.  To see all those Slovaks praising God, with hands raised and in English none the less.

While this event wasn't nearly as big as YC, the other times I've seen Hillsong.. I think the worship was great and worth our evening even if I didn't know about 1/3 of the songs.


I also got to see my Slovak parents at the concert!  Janka's parents came with her and I got big hugs from both of them.  It's so nice to have Slovaks that love me, even if we don't speak the same language. 

Hopefully I'll be able to blog more this weekend. Now we are off to visit the city!  

No comments:

Post a Comment