Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Flies

So earlier in the summer I said that I would teach at our church's Family Camp. It was the teen class. No big deal.  It was only three days, so that made it seem like even less scary.  But this weekend it came.  It ran up and bit me.  I felt prepared... but when you have 15 teenagers sitting in front of you thinking "amuse me", it gets a bit harder.  I hope that something of what I said was important to them. I hope that something sank in and meant something. I hope that somewhere in there God reached out and grabbed them.   It is really hard to tell.  And because of that I want to send a big thanks to  EVERYONE who taught me as a teenager. School teachers. My mom at youth group.  All the Sunday School class teachers.  I know it can't have been easy.  I hope that I helped with discussion and didn't just sit like a statue.  Thanks for pouring your knowledge into me. It reached me, or at least enough of it did to make me the person I am today. I'm sure that your words have saved me from many things. And I thank you for sticking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment