Monday, August 29, 2011

Prayer Requests

Hi Everybody!

I'm just 24 hours away from leaving Alberta and 7 days from leaving the country. I don't think I'm quite comprehending it.   However I've been asked a couple times to share my prayer items as I head out to do another 7 months with YWAM. I don't know if I have officially said on this blog but my boyfriend Shay will be going to Slovakia as a student in the DTS, something that we are so grateful to be allowed by our staff. We really appreciate having the opportunity to be on the same base.

I love this picture of the WWII museum in Banska.

So my prayer requests are these:

For safety on our travels as last year my bus got in an accident on my way to the airport. 
That God would be preparing me and all TEN students for the months ahead of us.
Prayer for safety for those students and that God would work their circumstances that they can come without regrets for leaving people behind in their home countries. 
That God would help me reconnect with the other staff that I already know, and maybe even bring us someone else to help?
For Shay and me to be able to handle anything that gets thrown at us in these next months.
For wisdom as I'm going to have to make many more decisions than last year.
I want to be open to everything God has to teach me this next year so I'm praying that my heart and mind and spirit would be fertile soil and that I would learn how to bring this new understanding back into how I live my life in Canada. 
For guidance as we decide where we will be doing outreach (please somewhere warm!)

Lastly, I'm asking God for cohesion for our group. Last year we hardly had any reason to feel disconnected as a group. We got along so good. I am praying that God would help that be the case this year and prepare each persons heart to want to make the group one that is connected and very much a family.  I know that takes time, but I'm really praying for it to happen quickly.  

Thank you to everyone who has already told me that they are praying. I'll keep you updated on what you can be praying for and what is going on in a general sense. I expect that the next week I'll be in an internet black hole but look for a post while we are waiting to take off in Vancouver or between flights in London.  

Blessings, Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment