Monday, August 09, 2010

The (not so appropriately named) Sunshine Coast



This weekend I went up to Egmont on the sunshine coast with a few friends from University. All i can say is "what sunshine?"  We hardly had any the whole weekend. However, we had a great weekend.  The boys even caught some fish. They were ugly fish, but they caught them.  We hiked to the fastest? largest? strongest? the most something tidal rapids in Canada? North America? The world?  Obviously I wasn't paying much attention to why they were so exciting.  They were pretty cool though. Some brave kayaker was taking them on.


I had a great time walking on a rocky beach looking at starfish and jellyfish and everything in between.  And my favorite part of the whole weekend is that the ocean has these crazy little animals or plants or whatever that bio luminesce. What does that mean?  They GLOW!  when you stir up the ocean and the little things get disturbed they glow!  So we had a great time stirring the water up and throwing things into the ocean. Including Shay.  Watching someone swim in it was so very cool.

For more pictures check out my facebook album from this summer.

Also: I am supposed to find out this week if I am going to Slovakia or not.  Please be praying with me (and my home church that my mom apparently has praying) that God's will is done and I end up where He needs me to be. I'm feeling pretty relaxed in knowing that he is in complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment