Saturday, November 19, 2011

Healing

(BE WARNED:  This post might mess up your theology and/or the way you live)

I haven't really been updating you on what we have been learning in our lectures so far this month. But this week, I can't NOT tell you because it is so amazing!

We had a week to learn how to heal and heal on the streets.  Really the expectation is that Jesus told us to go out and heal the sick (Mark 16:18, Matthew 10:7-8, and many more times) so we should do it.  The men who were teaching really take Jesus simply at his word and it was so beautiful to watch and learn from their lifestyle.  It was all about Jesus and how much he loves people and how he has given us authority to heal.

I know of a couple amazing healing stories from Canada. One is of a woman who had brain cancer. But I had never been present when someone was miraculously healed or even prayed for someone who was healed of something major over a longer period of time.  This week we learned the basics of how to pray for nonbelievers for healing and how these men have experienced healing to work. After learning that we saw legs grow longer, spines straighten, and pain leave knees and shoulders.  I'm sure there are more things, but even that was amazing!   It takes an open mind to believe that it really happened and that there isn't some other way to explain a healing. And it also takes being there. I can imagine that two years ago I would not have believed that someone was really healed or would be really healed.  And if I saw a video like this one, I would have thought that it was a hoax.  (This man really challenges me, because you know that he just knows how much God loves people and wants to draw them to Himself. And this guy is willing to look a little crazy if someone is gonna get healed.  Because when they are healed, you don't look so crazy anymore.)

I now am left wondering how I'm going to make this information part of my normal life at home. Can I actually be brave enough to walk up to someone in Canada and ask if they would like prayer for healing? Could I even pray this way for my friends and family or will they think I'm crazy too? Obviously I would hope that people would be open, but I thought that this all was pretty crazy two years ago.  I wouldn't blame people for not being open or interested or whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment