Friday, November 18, 2011

All Saints and All Souls Days

At the beginning of November Slovaks celebrate All Saints Day and All Souls Day.  So for a week or two before hand there was a market of flowers that people buy and put on their loved ones' graves.

The close flowers are actually plastic. Eww. 

But these are all real!  

While we were walking away, we saw this car with pretty flowers sitting outside and inside the back (yellow flowers). I figure that this was one of the vendors' car. And I like the picture because its such a nice old Slovak car!

So during the holidays of All Saints Day and All Souls Day the cemeteries are all lit up with candles. We were so busy those days that I didn't get to the cemetery at night to take a picture. So this is the day after, but some candles are still going (pretty impressive!) 



My photos are only this nice because I am using a gorillapod!  Shay was so nice to get me one and it make low lighting pictures work out so amazingly!  Long exposures are probably my new favourite thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment