Monday, January 10, 2011

Volcano

I really should post on significant things that we do, but it is so hard to think about how to be cryptic!  So instead you get to hear about my perfectly normal experience with a volcano.

So this morning, we left at 00:00 to drive to a volcano near by. Well, if two and a half hours is near... So we got to the city at 2:30am, waited for an hour and a half for a jeep to take us most of the way up the mountain, then it was to walk. In flip flops. In the dark. In ash? maybe sand?  It actually wasn't that far to the the top, but halfway up the cloud rolled in. Everyone else continued at the top, but i figured that I'd stay were I was and hope that I would see a sunrise and not just cloud... Unfortunately I don't think anyone saw a sunrise. However, once the cloud lifted a bit, around 6am, we got to see the actual volcano which is active, and emitting ash. It was quite the sight. And what did I do? Forget my camera. Yep. So everyone else's pictures will have to do for me, but I'm still upset about that.

But I've seen a volcano. I looked up some info on it on wiki so I understand what I saw much better than I did this morning, and I think I can cross it off my bucket list if I wanted too... but I think being on the actual volcano is still required. :)

1 comment:

  1. OK we will be waiting for the other folks photos to show up here! Love...

    ReplyDelete